Asexualism and stereotypes | awesomecrayon's Blog
I was debating wether I should post about this or not, but after I saw a report about asexualism I decided to point out the many stereotypes there is about us. I would like to say that in part how asexuals are represented in media is very offensive. Here are a few of the major stereotypes.
1. Where there's an asexual there's cake! Who doesn't love cake?
2. We reproduce asexualy. I just won't even explain this one.
3. Cats cats every where! I'm more of a dog person myself.
4. We are forever alone. Actually I have friends and family.
5. We just can't get laid. /).<
6. Socially awkward. Most are very friendly.
7. Asexuals are ugly. Well I'm not the hottest tamale in the pot but I have been told I'm pretty, from what I have seen asexuals are attractive as well as personality wise.
8. We are all nerds! I admit most asexuals I know are very intelligent and are able to share and elaborate on topics and ideas. Much like other humans.
9. Traumatic sexual experience. I never had a traumatic sexual experience of any sort it's just the way I am.
10. We are gay/lesbians in denial.
11. Asexuals are celibate. 12. You need therapy!
13. It's a disorder.
14. Asexuals have no feelings, are cold and unresponsive. I would like to put it this way for some it's just like this "we skip the sex and just go straight to the romance"
15. Asexuals think that they are better than people who have sex. This one doesn't make sense to me.
16. Too much Internet time. Ah perhaps this one is true I love the Internet just like every person in our day and age.
17. you must masturbate! to each his own.
Well I'm off to reproduce asexually and lead my army of cats in a cake battle!
There are no comments on this post yet, be the first to leave one!
Previous PostsWhy I think I'll be forever alone, posted May 27th, 2013, 1 comment
Just really bored, posted April 28th, 2013
Long talks and contemplation of happiness, posted February 1st, 2013
Sunday, posted January 27th, 2013
Young professors and young adult hormones, posted January 24th, 2013
Archive Happiness, posted January 23rd, 2013, 1 comment
Asexualism and stereotypes, posted January 22nd, 2013
Fictional Characters, posted January 22nd, 2013
Things that make me go UUuuuuuughh!!!, posted January 21st, 2013
New so new~, posted January 21st, 2013
BlogrollHere are some friends' blogs...
HelpEmbed Photos Embed Videos
What Is Difficult For You Now, That Was Easy As A Child?
A fun new question each day. Winners get trophies and points.
Respond and Vote Now!